Did you encounter the Red Light of Death error on your PlayStation 3? Do you want to fix it and you just don’t know how? Well, if this is the first that you experienced this type of error on your PlayStation 3, you don’t have to be afraid that your console can never be repaired.
Mostly, people will give you advice to send your unit over Sony and let them repair it for you. However, this process can be time consuming and very costly. And there will be no guarantee of getting it fixed after spending your hundreds of dollars.
So what are the other ways of fixing the red light of death error on PS3?
Before finding out how to fix this error, you need to understand first what causes of this error. Some theories claim that one reason PlayStation 3 gets this error is because of overheating. If the PS 3 is very hot, it makes the console become faulty. One of the faults it creates is the red light of death error. Another possible cause of this error is hard drive damage.
With this said, let us see how we can fix this error and get your PlayStation 3 working again using a few basic techniques provided below.
- Restart your PS3 console by turning its power off and after a few seconds, turn it back on.
- Check your PS3 console if there are cables that are loosen or not connected properly. If you found one, unplug it and plug it back in to the same slot.
- Disconnect all the cables connected to your PlayStation 3 and reconnect them all back in to your console.
- Remove the HDD drive and insert it back in right after removing it out.
- Check on the motherboard. Make sure it is not overheated. Clean your PS 3 console especially in the fan vents to make sure your console gets a proper air flow.
- Turn off your PlayStation 3 or unplug the power cord and leave it turned off for thirty minutes.
- Check the expiration date of your PS3 console’s warranty card. If your console is still within the warranty period, your best option is to take it to Sony repair centre and let their certified technicians fix it for you.
- Try to go online and check the Internet for other solutions or troubleshooting tips available that you can try to work on to fix this issue.
You can try the tips mentioned above to fix the red light of death error on your PlayStation 3. If these techniques don’t work, then there might be something wrong with your hard drive or any other hardware issues. So to fix this problem, there are only two things that you can do.
The first thing that you can do is to send your console over to Sony repair centre and let their certified technician to fix it for you. However, if your unit is already out of the warranty period, you may need to pay a few hundreds and wait for a few weeks.
The second thing that you can do is to repair it yourself at home. There are many repair guides on how to fix the red light of death error on PlayStation 3 available our site. All of you have to do is to look it up and give it a try.