Game consoles are really popular today. Kids and adults enjoy the different games that the PS3 offers. However, it can be very frustrating once you encounter some problems. Malfunctions can happen anytime and if you know the basic troubleshooting skills, you will know what to do.
PS3 is an expensive game system, and diagnosing issues will require some degree of knowledge. You should be familiar with the methodical approach so you won’t need to contact customer service every time you experience problems.
Here are some things that you can do:
- When the screen freezes in the middle of a game, you will have to hold the power button for about ten seconds. This will shut down the PS3. After a few seconds, you can turn it on once more.
- Check the power button of the PS3. If it flashes from red to green, it only means that the device is hot. This usually happens when you’ve played with the game console over an extended period. Turn off the PS3. The air vents should be clear and you have to make sure that the console is away from other electronics that tend to heat up.
- Another overheating issue is when the red light just keeps on flashing. You should be aware that this is a critical problem. You have to shut down the console and don’t use it for a couple of days. The console must cool down completely.
- Before using any disc or DVD, you will have to check its content. There are times when some of the discs are not compatible with the console and no matter what you do, the disc will not play.
- The good thing about the PS3 is that you can connect it to a network. To make sure that the connection is working properly, you can look into the Ethernet connection. You should only connect the PS3 with broadband connections. It will not work for dial-up connections.
Discs that don’t play in the console are another common problem. This means that the disc is not recognized by the PS3. Discs that have been exposed to direct sunlight or heat will not play because the content is often corrupted. You should be careful in handling the discs. Keep the discs inside the protective cases.
Just in case you’re using DVDs, you have to finalize it disc and are recorded in the NTSC. There are times when the device won’t eject the disc. If this happens, all you have to do is hold on to the eject button for 10 seconds. The system will instantly eject the disc. After that, you should turn off the console.
There are region codes and parental settings that you must abide with if you want your family to enjoy the game. If you attempt to play a disc that is not recognized, the picture will be distorted.
It’s a good thing that you can find lots of resources online that will allow you to troubleshoot any problems or issues that you may encounter.